Collard Green Burritos
(This will cause the collard greens to become tender)
1⁄4c. lemon juice 1⁄4 c. olive oil pinch of salt
Walnut Taco “Meat“:
11⁄2 c. walnuts
11⁄2 tsp. coriander
3⁄4 tsp. cumin
2 Tbsp. Braggs Liquid Aminos
1⁄4 tsp. cayenne
Macadamia Almond “Cheese“:
11⁄2 c. soaked almonds
1⁄2 c. soaked macadamia nuts
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1⁄2 c. nutritional yeast flakes
1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp. chopped onion
1⁄2 c. water
- Wash and cut stems off of collard green leaves. Brush leaves with marinade using a kitchen brush. Refrigerate overnight.
- Gently pulse Walnut Taco Meat ingredient in blender until crumbly.
- Set aside.Blend all ingredients for ‘Macadamia Almond Cheese’ in blender until smooth.
- Chop up romaine lettuce, avocado, green onions, jalapenos, tomatoes.
- Assemble by placing a collard green leaf on plate.
- Spread cashew cheese.
- Top with Walnut Taco meat.
- Top with salad mixture.
- Roll it up and enjoy!
One of my favorite protein packed salads, perfect before your next workout.
No meat, all natural power packed protein. For these and more recipes, pre-order the new cookbook Living Life Fresh!